Sunday, April 12, 2009

Covered numbers

I'm not used to inking,altering distressing etc., but recently had a go at covering chipboard at Jackies class, so when I had to make these orders I decided to use the idea. I drew the No.18 free hand onto card and then transferred it to thick card (packing in card stock order I got)It's then covered in paper and sanded/colored at the edges with a touch of stickles.
This card looks kiddish, but the 18 year old recipient is a mad keen fan of Boots from Dora the Explorer, so this is a downloaded image, coloured with Pro Markers!


The same technique here. Mini Mouse was cut out on a Cricut.


6 comments:

JACKIE M said...

Two fantastic cards =0).

Elaine ♥ said...

Two gorgeous cards Babs, love them :)

Elaine x

littlebit said...

I love this method .. have used it extensively. Like the way the cards turned out - true boots may not immediately spring to mind for an 18 year old but there ya go!! My 18 had animal from the muppets on his card .....

Di's Dooodles said...

Fantastic Babs!!

Neasa said...

Wonderful Babs! I save all chipboard from the backs of notepads or in packaging now. Even old, "used too many times" envelopes with the hard backs get recycled! Love the cards! Boots looks great! Great work hun!

Tigger's rambling said...

Two fantastic cards Babs, I love them :-)