Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Let the scrapbooking begin

I've wanted to do scrapbooking for a while now. Over the past few months I've been gathering materials and albums in order to make a start. Sometimes, you need a boot up the butt to make you start, and I got that!
I have a few people I need to thank who gave the much needed boots! All are from the Cara Craft Supply forum. Lynda, both of us were LO virgins, and we "dared" each other to start. Lynda started with a fab LO of her twins and we did a materials swap, so I ended up with a fab album and papers and embellishments to start.
Kate then sent me more gorgeous papers and today, a massive package arrived from Niamh. It has gorgeous papers,metal embellishments and flowers.
The girls on the CS forum are so supportive and soooooooooo generous. Real pals.
So, I decided to start. I took a few pictures of my niece, Alison, while on holiday in Italy. We might only get to see her once or twice a year, so I was snap happy!
I did the first LO and then found I couldn't stop, so I immediately launched into a second one, and if I could have, I would have done a third, but alas, a family night out at the movies beckons.
I like this "scrapping" business. I'm planning a mini scrapbook for Rob's birth mother and some sort of family themed one.
Anyhooooo, these are my first 2 LO's


1 comment:

Elisa said...

Wow, another one.

Beautiful LO and photo, the flowers around the photo are a great idea.