Saturday, April 19, 2008

I'm having a blast from the past!

The last few weeks have been trying to say the least. Having no broadband for two weeks didn't help, I could only get on-line for a few minutes every day from work. All sorted now - phew.

Dad has been staying here in between hospital visits. I don't know how he does it. I took him in for two appointments for 8am two days in a row and he went in himself for a third day. This is his 3 times one week, twice the next. It's a gruelling schedule even for a health person. BUT, it's been a blast from the past having him here. I've been dragged back to my childhood and all the things he made us do......can't leave the dinner table until you say "may I leave the table please". So now my son is doing that! Darling son somethings heads straight for his trampoline after eating and never listens to my advice. But Dad only had to tell him once, to wait an hour, so now he does! I got the same thing as a kid, but it was normally in relation to not swimming after eating and also about chewing your banana well!
Last night we watched the Late Late show and a lady was singing "Forget your troubles, come on get happy" and Dad did his backing vocals bit. I love when he does it..he can jump into any song and do a Chloe Lane type harmonising or whistle in perfect tune that actually suits the song. I can't believe the difference in him since a few weeks ago. But he is still terrified to have another attack if he is on his own.

The plans for my web site have been on the back burner for a bit. I've registered the company name and the domain name, but I've just got to many card orders to give it my 100%

I won a competition for a Lay Out. I'm just so delighted. The win was my hat-trick. Entered 3, won 3. I did enter for the card one two, but the winning card was brilliant and so deserved it. In fact, all the entries were fantastic.

Ladettes, sorry I missed the last get together, but thanks Niamhie for the text message at 5.30am!!! Hopefully we'll all be there on the 30th to bless the new dining room table.
I had a great night in A&E. Sat there in agony for 3 hours on a hard seat till and freezng waiting room till I finally decided to head home after finding out other people were still waiting who arrived 4 hours before me. Still don't know if is was appendicitis, will have to wait till it flares up

Well, it's coffee time and a little phone call to sis in Itlay is in order. MMMwwwaaahhhh


pinky said...

Hi sandidune, just came across your blog and thought I'd have a nosy. Just like a soap opera eh!!! So sorry to hear your Dad is unwell, I hadn't realised. Glad to hear you are doing well with the wedding invites, I have admired them all. Will try to drop into your blog regularly, nice to get to know you. chat soon.

Tigger's rambling said...

Have you removed comments from your blog??? Or maybe it is just me...I couldn't coment on the post above!!!

Anyways I hope your Dad is feeling better. Your trip to Italy sounds fantastic.....lucky you :-)